How to Install DISQUS on Blogger
DISQUS with over 3 MILLION active installs, is probably the most famous commenting system on the internet!
Previously, I had published an article on Top 5 Commenting Systems For Blogger
Considering how people face issues with Blogger Template platform, here’s a How-To guide on Installing Disqus on Blogger
There are 2 different methods to Install Disqus on Blogger, I would suggest you to the way Disqus recommends.
How To Install Disqus on Blogger
- First of all Sign up on Disqus
- After setting up your account, Register your Website on Disqus
- Click on Add ‘xyz’ to my Blogger site. After this, you’ll be redirected and asked to Disqus Comments widget in Blogger, Click on Add Widget button to add it!
- After Adding the Disqus Widget, go back to Disqus Admin Dashboard and Import your existing comments on it!
How to Install Disqus on Blogger (Manual Method)
<!-- Disqus on blogger comments gadget -->
- Save the Gadget and it’ll close!
- Click Save Arrangement button
Add Disqus Code to your template
- Go to your blogger blog’s Template section, click on Edit HTML button.
- Search for the newly created Disqus Widget by pressing Ctrl + F or Command-F (MacOS) and then type Disqus on blogger
You’ll find something like this
<b:widget id='HTML1' locked='false' title='Disqus' type='HTML'>
- To make your Disqus system mobile friendly(recommended), add the following code!
<b:widget id='HTML1' locked='false' mobile='yes' title='Disqus' type='HTML'>
- Now you’ve to delete the code below it manually. It’ll look like this
<!-- only display title if it's non-empty -->
<b:if cond='data:title != ""'>
- Replace the following code with the one you just deleted. Make sure you replace THETECHPIE with your channel/forum name. You can find it in your Disqus Admin Dashboard!
- Now save the template and visit your blog to make sure Manual process worked!
If you’re facing any issue, comment down below and we’ll help you!
This Was the post i was Searching For…There was some confusion in my mind which has been cleared by this Post. I praise the author for his writing skill and creativity. Thanks for sharing the post and helping bloggers like us…
It’s a pleasure to get replies like yours!
Thanks Md.Arman for the wonderful comment 😀
Great post, thank you for sharing! Would you say this works if you already have Blogger comments and you want to move to Disqus but also export your previous comments? Thanks again!
Yes, Disqus will import the previous comments to it’s database.
Also, a piece of information. There are some issues with Blogger comments syncing with Disqus (new comments). They are stored in Disqus database but there are issues with timeline.
So Disqus still works correctly but you may receive e-mails with subject “Blogger Syncing Issues”